Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Fish Day

We had a blast today!  The squeals, shouts, and yelling could probably be heard all the way to Mt. Hood's summit.  Every child got to bait, cast, reel in, net, and hold and love their fish.  We saw blood, hooks in mouths, and saw our fish gutted (wow!).

Thank you so much to the parents and grandparents who came along to help: I saw a lot of support and no doing it for them!  Maria Montessori sums it up best:  "These words reveal the child's inner needs; "Help me to do it alone'."  Second graders were very proud and excited, and I heard a lot of "I can't wait to show the fish I caught all by myself!" And "my family will eat a good dinner tonight!"

Please enjoy the fresh-caught fish this evening; every child brought home a recipe for pan-fried trout if you're not sure what to do with it.








































I tried really hard to get every second grader with their fish, but missed a few.  I think I got everyone in at least a few pictures, though! If you have more pictures to share, please send them along!

Have a good weekend.